Everyone knows how important it is to maintain proper dental health. Neglecting your dental health can result in oral diseases and a horrible looking smile! While there are several dental diseases that one can catch, there are some that are more common than others. This article will discuss 3 of these issues and how to use natural remedies to cure them.
Many people suffer from sensitive teeth. Teeth sensitivity occurs when your teeth are very sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. This can result in quite a bit of pain and discomfort.
There are multiple potential causes for teth sensitivity. The good news is that it doesn't have to be difficult to ease the symptoms.
Here are some natural remedies:
- Chewing gum: While it may come as a surprise, sugar-free chewing gum can help your sensitive by increasing your mouth's production of saliva. Your saliva is what combats the harmful bacteria that causes sensitivity in your teeth.
- Sesame oil: If you swish sesame oil around in your mouth, it will strengthen your gums and destroy harmful bacteria.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is very effective when it comes to reducing inflammation and pain. Applying a small amount to your teeth will decrease the level of sensitivity.
Another common oral disease is gingivitis. Gingivitis is an ailment that causes pain, swelling, redness, and tenderness in your gums.
Gingivitis is actually a precursor to periodontitis. When gingivitis is left unchecked, it progresses into periodontitis. This is a serious matter because it can result in many harmful consequences, including tooth loss.
Fortunately, there are some natural remedies:
- Cayenne: Mixing cayenne with toothpaste can kill bacteria.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice can be instrumental in killing bacteria that cause inflammation.
- Sage: Sage also decreases the level of inflammation in your gums.
Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
This ailment is also known as TMJ disorder. It is characterized by severe pain in your jaw. It can also cause serious pain in your jaw, face, neck, and shoulders.
To make matters worse, this makes it much harder to do things that you are normally able to do. You will have a very hard time eating, yawning, and speaking.
Natural remedies for TMJ disorder include:
- Massage: If you massage the joints in your jaw, it will help the muscles relax.
- Heating pad: Applying heat can decrease the level of pain caused by TMJ disorder.
- Stress: Finding ways to ease your stress levels can greatly reduce the symptoms. Stress is one of the most frequent causes of TMJ disorder.
Of course, the best thing to do is prevent these issues from coming up in the first place. Consult with your dentist, such as Dr. Jeffery Spilman DDS, to properly maintain your dental health.Share