If you've noticed your teeth aren't looking as white as they used to, then you'll want to do what you can to get them nice and white again. This article will give you advice on some different ways you can go about whitening your teeth at home. You want to choose the method you feel the most comfortable with and that you feel will yield the results you are looking for.
Baking soda, salt and strawberry toothpaste
Strawberries have a high amount of Vitamin C and this means they will help to get rid of plaque that's contributing to your teeth looking yellow. Strawberries also have malic acid and this is great for helping to get rid of stains on the surface of your teeth. Salt is abrasive and will help to scrub your teeth. Baking soda is also helpful with regards to whitening your teeth. You can make toothpaste out of all three by following these instructions:
- You want to take a few strawberries and mash them up.
- Add in a little bit of salt and about a half of a teaspoon of the baking soda.
- Mix the ingredients together and brush your teeth.
- Leave the paste on your teeth for a few minutes before you rinse your mouth.
Peroxide on your normal toothpaste
Peroxide is known for cleaning cuts and scrapes, but it can also help you to clean your teeth and get them whiter. All you have to do to use peroxide for teeth whitening is to pour a little bit of peroxide on your toothpaste when it's on the toothbrush. You want to brush your teeth as you normally would. You can also put peroxide on your teeth directly by putting some on a Q-tip and using it to scrub them before you brush them as you normally would.
Baking soda and peroxide combo
Since both baking soda and peroxide are great for whitening teeth, it only makes sense that using them both together would yield great results. In order to use both baking soda and peroxide you want to follow the instructions below:
- Take your normal toothpaste and mix it with a little bit of baking soda and peroxide. You can add a little water if the mix seems too thick.
- Brush your teeth with the mixture as you normally would and rinse as you would.
- When you use this mixture you want to be sure you don't do it too often, since it can be a bit harsh. Only use it about once a month.
By using the methods listed above you can whiten your teeth and get rid of stains. If you want to whiten your teeth quickly, you can go to a cosmetic dentist who can recommend whitening treatments to you.Share